Mounting KVM image

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Jun 15 07:54:57 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 08:50:37AM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 12:57:23AM -0400, Alex wrote:
> > such as to
> > perform a backup while the guest is actually running?

A bit early in the morning ...

To perform a backup while the guest is running, of course you don't
need write support.

However the best way to perform a reliable backup is still to run some
agent inside the guest.  In future we'll support better ways to do
this from "outside" the guest -- you'll be able to snapshot the
guest's filesystems and take a snapshot.  But we don't have this
support quite yet, so for now install your favorite network backup
agent in each guest.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top