[OT] posting to fedoraproject lists that I am not subscribed to

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jun 15 08:38:26 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-06-14 at 22:50 -0700, Suvayu Ali wrote:
> Any suggestions?

You can subscribe, then unsubscribe later on.

Or, instead of subscribing to the mailing lists, you could subscribe to
the gmane newsgroup portal to these mailing lists.  When you use usenet
instead of mail, your client doesn't have to download all the messages,
it can fetch just a *list* of message headers as you browse through a
group.  You'll only download a message body when you pick a message from
the list.  What your client actually does is down to configuration, you
can configure it like a POP3 mail client, and make it drag in all
messages.

Usenet (newsgroup) clients tend to have better features for handling
lots of messages, too.  Easy way to ignore whole threads, easy ways to
watch specific threads (perhaps highlighting them, or automatically
fetching those messages while just listing the others), easy ways to
ignore specific posters, etc.

See:  http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.general

That's just two suggestions for your question.  There's probably other
ways to solve it, too.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686