Adobe (Temporarily?) Kills 64-Bit Flash For Linux

Dale J. Chatham dale at chatham.org
Tue Jun 15 13:55:29 UTC 2010

On 06/15/2010 12:15 AM, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> --- On Mon, 6/14/10, Greg Woods<woods at ucar.edu>  wrote:
>

> Windows is also targeted because it's easier in so many ways to infect or compromise.

I'd say that having ten times as many childish miscreants running
windows boxes than Linux has something to do with it as well :)

> I'm not saying that Linux can't be infected, hacked, cracked, etc., but it's considerably harder simply because the system is designed, first and foremost, from the ground up with security in mind.  With Windows, security seems to have been always an after thought, if thought about at all.

Security is always a number of trade-offs, one of which is user
convenience vs. security.  Windows on the desktop has always leaned
toward the user (just check your spam mailbox).  In the back office, it
isn't quite so much and it *CAN* be configured to be considerably more
secure than it comes out of the box.

> In addition, Linux users tend to be more knowledgeable regarding the vagaries of computers and computing, and take reasonable precautions against such things.

Our peculiar security is in the possession of a written Constitution.
Let us not make it a blank paper by construction."

    --Thomas Jefferson, letter to Wilson Nicholas, 1803

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
  -- Ed Howdershelt (Author)