iPod touch and F13?

James Wellnitz jwellnitz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 14:19:01 UTC 2010

I had my iPod Touch working with gtkpod fairly reliably on F12.  The
F13 support seems to be there (rhythmbox and gtkpod see the device
without any special configuration) but it looks like the iPod is
effectively mounted in a directory owned by root as my normal user
can't write to it.

I ran gtkpod as root and got a few tracks added, but that's not really
pretty.  As someone else mentioned, it could be something with SELinux
as well.

I haven't looked into it further than that.  I frequently hit the
"Updating library - this may take a few minutes" screen going for
hours problem, so I only sync this thing when I have a couple of hours
to burn.

-- Jamie