Another funny update?

Marcel Rieux m.z.rieux at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 20:25:38 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 2:20 PM, Kevin Martin <kevintm at ameritech.net> wrote:

> <snip>
>
> Shouldn't there be a way for yum/packagekit to understand the
> interdependencies when kmod packages are installed such that a new
> kernel update is *not* offered if the corresponding kmod package that
> uses it is not available?

Something like this, offered by default to nvidia driver users would be
nice. It would have prevented the present mess.

Another thing that would be nice is an howto on disinstalling nvidia drivers
made available on Fedora's or rpmfusion's site. Last time I looked there
were none, if I remember well.

I do understand Fedora can't tell how to install nvidia drivers but it could
tell how to uninstall them.

If I upgrade to Fedora 13, will I be given a choice as to which driver I
want to use?