Fedora 12 - how to run laptop with closed lid

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 20:53:01 UTC 2010

On 06/16/2010 01:43 PM, Edmon Begoli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Dell Latitude 830 laptop with Fedora 12. I never move it,
> so I want to be able to close to lid and just use monitor, but my OS
> shuts down automatically.
>
> Is there a way to enable this and if so, please tell me how
>
> I am using Xfce but I could switch to Gnome.
>
> Thank you,
> Edmon

CLick on system -> Preferences -> screensaver

 From Screensaver window, click on Power Management (it's near the
bottom to the right sight, but
left og the "close" button.

Now you will see a nother window which has in it the Action section.
"When laptop lid is closed"  select an action.
On my version of Fedora, I chose blank screen.
However, it "/might/" also end up blanking the external monitor as well.
What is missing from this set of actions is "Do nothing".