KDE/Flash too fast weirdness

Peter A loony at loonybin.org
Wed Jun 16 22:29:26 UTC 2010

Hi,

so this one has me completely stomped...  After upgrading to F13 (though yum
but I also tested with a clean F13 install, same behavior) every flash video
(e.g. youtube) plays significantly faster than it should... A 45 second video
plays in about 12 seconds without any sound at all.

The weird thing is this happens only in KDE - in gnome there are no issues at
all.

1) On normal login into KDE this happens immediately.
2) If I remove the temp files and caches (rm -rf /var/tmp/kdecache-loony/
/var/cache/gdm/loony /tmp/*) then the problem doesn't happen on the first
login. However, after a logout and log back in, the problem happens just as
before.
3) Once the problem has occurred once, then only a reboot clears it. Removing
the files mentioned in step 2 has no effect. Even switching to gnome at this
time doesn't slow the video down again.

I tried removing my .kde and a whole lot more. Even creating a new account and
trying from that doesn't change anything.

My HW config is a Dell Studio 17 (1747, with 1.73Ghz i7, 8GB) running a fully
patched 64bit Fedora. I tried Flash plugins 10.0, 10.1 in 32bit and 10.0 pre-
release 64bit without any differences. The graphics card is a ATI M96 (Mobility
Radeon HD 4650) and I have no xorg.conf and only the standard keyboard
settings in xorg.conf.d...

Someone please tell me I'm not going crazy :)

Peter.

--
Censorship: noun, circa 1591. a: Relief of the burden of independent thinking.