Adobe (Temporarily?) Kills 64-Bit Flash For Linux

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Wed Jun 16 23:03:45 UTC 2010

On 06/16/2010 06:10 PM, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> --- On Tue, 6/15/10, Tom Horsley <horsley1953 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Linux is already targeted plenty at the server level. Leave
>> linux box hooked to the internet with the firewall turned
>> off
>> for a few hours and see what happens :-).
>
> Desktop level, too.  My router firewall periodically records attacks that go on for hours--most times from China, it seems.  So far, my system hasn't been breached.  But these are just brute force attacks, I think, and not Linux specific.

So, install denyhosts, and give your system a break once in a while.  I
get those attacks too.  The difference, is that after a short period of
time, my system says "enough" and shuts them off.  And they don't quit
either, from time to time I see a connection denied on an initial
attempt (which means they are already in my denied hosts file!).

Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
cummings at kjc386.framingham.ma.us