Another funny update?

Marcel Rieux m.z.rieux at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 23:27:27 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 7:22 PM, Kevin Martin <kevintm at ameritech.net> wrote:

> This has nothing to do with "who broke what".  This has everything to do
> with attempting to make Fedora, and other Linux variants, mainstream
> enough for the common person to use.

Have you seen Taxi Driver? There's a reply where De Niro says "Do like me."
So people here can't think beyond their own view. They believe "the
druggist  *from Toledo*" should do like them.

Red Hat may be behaving like it's following Sun's road, Ubuntu and Google
might be reaping newcomers by the thousands, they don't give a shit. They're
the real ones and they'll be fighting until the last stand.

It's no use to try to make them understand that a distro needs a user base
as wide as possible. Their only answer will be: if you like Windows, why
don't you use it?

I decided to lose as little time as possible discussing with these people.
It only adds noise to the discussion.