Fedora 13 usb key failure

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 16:37:46 UTC 2010

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 08:56:44 -0700
JD wrote:

> I am using usb-based wireless KB and Mouse.
> They are both functional during bios, and after
> F13 boot - single user, and multi-user.

That is usually a symptom of the bios not being
set (or not even having the option) to emulate
a ps/2 keyboard from the usb keyboard.

I'm pretty sure grub does not have any usb support
at all and relies on bios emulation.

Once a linux kernel is booted, it does have
usb drivers, so the keyboard can talk again.

According to the wiki, grub2 does have a usb
support module it can load, but the grub that
normally ships with fedora is not (yet anyway)
grub2.