Adobe releases 32-bit Flash update for Linux

Paul Otheim coriolis220 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 00:01:39 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 10:03 PM, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wednesday 16 June 2010, David Boles wrote:

> >> No.  While this is a 64 bit mdv 2010 install, swiftfox is what I am
> >> running and it is a 32 bit app.  Runs fine.  As does the latest 10.1.53
> >> flash.
> >
> >My mistake. You do bounce around a bit ya know?  :-)
>
> Only because F10 self destructed in a directory that I didn't know was not
> in my amanda/disklist.  It is now obviously.

> --
> Cheers, Gene
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
> People who fight fire with fire usually end up with ashes.
>                -- Abigail Van Buren
> --

As a general comment on adobe( with no real desire to discuss the matter)
they recently released a flash plugin for MacOSX rife with security issues.
I would think long and hard before installing any of their crappy code on my
box. The sooner adobe disappears the better, just consider that MacOS X is
much more mainstream than Linux, so if they screw Apple users that badly,
just think how low on their list GNU/Linux users are....I mention it because
I have seen many, many people complaining that flash doesn't work for them.
Adobe seems to have very little regard for the users of its flash plugin and
its a good bet the rest of their "software" is equally atrocious, from a
security standpoint, they appear to be as sloppy a bunch as I have ever
seen.