NFS mounts - temporary failure in name resolution

Steve Searle steve at stevesearle.com
Sat Jun 19 15:03:44 UTC 2010

I have installed Fedora 13 on two machines now, and am getting the same
problem when mounting nfs shares at boot time on both machines. The
problem happens most of the time when I boot, but not always.

I have four nfs mounts and when the problem occurs the following message
is displayed four times, at the "Mounting NFS filesystems:" point:
  mount.nfs: Failed to resolve server albacore: Temporary failure in
  name resolution.

However, even when the messages are displayed, the nfs shares are always
mounted.

Although this means it is not a serious problem, it is anoying becasue
the machines flag that there are boot messages that need to be looked
at.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanksx

Steve