NFS mounts - temporary failure in name resolution

Doron Bar Zeev doronbr770 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 15:45:04 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 18:03, Steve Searle <steve at stevesearle.com> wrote:

> I have installed Fedora 13 on two machines now, and am getting the same
> problem when mounting nfs shares at boot time on both machines. The
> problem happens most of the time when I boot, but not always.
>
> I have four nfs mounts and when the problem occurs the following message
> is displayed four times, at the "Mounting NFS filesystems:" point:
>  mount.nfs: Failed to resolve server albacore: Temporary failure in
>  name resolution.

Are you using NetworkManager?
I've had a similar problem with NetworkManager when on boot time when the
system tried to mount the nfs shares,
the network wasn't ready. Only after I logged in and NetworkManager was
started the system tried to mount those shares again and then they got
mounted.
I switched to using the network service instead which fixed the problem.