f13: Firefox wont start if the ~/.mozilla/ is a sym link

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 21:13:29 UTC 2010

On 06/19/2010 02:03 PM, Tom Horsley was caught red-handed while writing::
> On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 21:50:26 +0200
> Dario Lesca wrote:
>

>> It's a bug?
>>
> They apparently claim it is a feature, not a bug.
> In fact, nothing in the path to ~/.mozilla can be
> a symlink, so something like /home as a symlink
> also doesn't work.
>
> I switched from a symlink to a "bind" mount to
> solve my problem with /home by putting this
> in my /etc/fstab:
>
> /zooty/home /home none rw,bind 0 0
>
> Now I still have /home as a subdir on a separate
> disk, but firefox doesn't get all upset about
> symlinks.

Hi,
On my F13, /home is a symlink to /sdb3/home
and it has not caused any problems with any mozilla product.
The only problems I DO have are with the Firefox add-ons;
do not know which one yet. I have simple removed all of them
to make the problem go away.

Cheers,

JD