autofs and nfs4 no longer connect - SOLVED

Robert G. (Doc) Savage dsavage at peaknet.net
Mon Jun 21 01:38:50 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-06-21 at 09:15 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 06/21/2010 09:10 AM, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
> > On Sun, 2010-06-20 at 17:58 -0700, JD wrote:
> >
> >> Perhaps check the firewall on server and clients???
> >>
> > JD,
> > Nope. That was the second thing I checked. No changes.
> > --Doc
> >

> I assume there were no errors logged anywhere....  But, have you tried
> mounting directly instead of via autofs to help rule out that as a factor?

Ed,

Direct mounting was the problem in January. See the thread "Also having
NFSv4 problems" on this list Jan 03-04, 2010. autofs was the fix, and
manual mounts still don't work.

Reviewing those posts, however, I discovered that the nfs service has
been disabled (w/chkconfig) on all F12 and F13 clients. How that
happened is a head-scratcher because nfs must be running on all local
nodes to gain yum access to fast repos on the server.

--Doc