Configuring slapd.conf-less OpenLDAP

Braden McDaniel braden at endoframe.com
Mon Jun 21 04:44:40 UTC 2010

Fedora's OpenLDAP now seems to default to configuration using an LDIF
backend and I'm trying to get my bearings with it.

I've changed /etc/openldap/slapd.d/cn=config/oldCatabase={1}bdb.ldif to
point to my domain (olcSuffix, olcRootDN); and I've added

        olcRootPW: [slappasswd output]

However, I haven't had any luck using this password:

        # ldapadd -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=endoframe,dc=net" -W -f Manager.ldif
        Enter LDAP Password:
        ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)

Is there some other way I should be specifying the password?

--
Braden McDaniel <braden at endoframe.com>