wifi access from laptop to starbucks wifi

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon Jun 21 16:09:59 UTC 2010

bruce wrote:
> hey.
>
> looking at using the wifi at starbucks, given that it's going to be
> free in july!
>
> i'm looking for detailed steps from anyone who's actually used a
> public starbucks wifi access.
>
> my system is fedora, running network-setup. i don't have/use/want
> networkmanager!
>
> so i'm looking for the actual steps to use using the cmd line functions.
>
> i've seen different sites, that have different processes, so i fugured
> i'd turn to here.

Do make sure you figure out how to do a secure connect, unless you want to share
with everyone there. I despise NM, but the CLI seems to change just a little
with upgrades, public WiFi frequently has its own ideas of connect protocols,
and life is short. Draw what conclusions you will from that, but be aware that
CLI is a lot easier for wires than WiFi.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>