Another funny update?

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Tue Jun 22 03:48:25 UTC 2010

Marcel Rieux wrote:
>> Did you ask on the RPMFusion lists?
>
> No, but I have a pretty good idea of what I'd be told there. They'd
> say that their business is to teach how to install kmod-nvidia
> correctly and that if I want to install Nouveau, I should ask
> Fedora. Wouldn't it make sense?

The Magic 8-ball says: outlook hazy.

> The fact that the NVIDIA driver is not open source is irrelevant.

It's entirely relevant.  It's not as easy to install non-free software
in Fedora.  That is a simple fact due to the core principals by which
Fedora exists.

If that causes you problems, please talk to the folks at RPMfusion and
offer to help.  It might also mean talking to folks in Fedora about
how to resolve some difficult issues.  It might end up with you coming
full circle and seeing that "it's not as easy to install non-free
software in Fedora."  Any of those outcomes is far more productive
than harping on about it for days or weeks on this list.

Why this thread continues is rather baffling to me.

Ocean:  A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for
man -- who has no gills.
    -- Ambrose Bierce