Anyone aware of an rdesktop *replacement*?

Chris Kloiber ckloiber at ckloiber.com
Tue Jun 22 12:29:03 UTC 2010

Not looking for a wrapper to make it pretty. I need an rdesktop
replacement with support for contacting Windows 2008 Datacenter with TLS
encryption enabled. I've done a bunch of searching, but came up empty,
not even any proprietary applications. I work at a large web hosting
provider, and am seeing more and more systems that I have to use a
Virtual Windows7 instance to manage.

Conversely, if anyone knows of patches to do this with rdesktop, I'd
like to grab those too (even if they are half-baked patches).

--
Chris Kloiber