wifi access from laptop to starbucks wifi

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jun 22 14:41:33 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 07:06 -0700, bruce wrote:
> if you're using starbucks, or nay other public access, aren't you
> pretty much constrained to having to deal with an open network. or are
> you implying that you can implement an encrypted connection on the nic
> setup?

That had nothing to do with what I posted, so why reply to *my* message?

Having said that, if you use someone else's LAN, you are constrained by
what they offer.  If you want something secure, you'd have tunnel out to
somewhere else.  You'd encrypt your data before sending it over their
open network, and the other end of your tunnel would decrypt.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.