Configuring Evolution toolbar icons

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 16:11:58 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 08:19 -0700, Suvayu Ali wrote:
> I might have a very dumb way of investigating this. On my system I
> searched for file names with "junk" or "trash" in their names in
> /usr/share/icons. This tells me the "junk" icon is found under
> <theme>/<sizexsize>/actions named as mark-mail-junk.* or
> mark-mail-notjunk.*. And similarly trash icons can be found under
> <theme>/<sizexsize>/places.
>
> So my suggestion would be to look for the corresponding files in your
> current theme, and see if they indeed are so similar. If so, you can
> try
> changing to a theme which has more distinguishable icons. With the
> above
> information you should be able to make an informed choice. Then you
> can
> file a bug report in Bugzilla against the faulty theme.

The icons in question seem to come from Oxygen. That being the case, I'm
surprised more people aren't complaining. Presumably these icons are not
specific to Evolution.

I'll complain to BZ. In the meantime, I've tried fiddling with the GTK+
theme stuff under System Settings, and also with the Gnome Appearance
widget using gnome-control-center. I can change the usual details of
Evo's appearance, but nothing seems to affect these icons. I know I
could kludge it by simply changing the icon files, but that's not really
a good solution in the long term.

poc