F13 Firefox new tab issue

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 16:36:51 UTC 2010

On 06/22/2010 08:41 AM, William Henry was caught red-handed while writing::
> Is anyone else seeing long delays with using a new tab in Firefox on F13?
>
> Creating a new tab causes that tab to hand for several seconds and even turn grey.  Then trying to use the tab for the first time either by trying to type/paste a URL or entering something in the search tab causes further delay.  Once over those two hurdles it seems to work fine.
>
> Is there some package or patch I'm missing?
>

> -William

You might wish to try this: Quit Firefox
Save your existing .mozilla directory, like rename it .mozilla.save
restart firefox, and retry opening a new tab.
I am willing to bet it will be just fine.
firefox-3.6.3-4.fc13.i686

Cheers,

JD