Another funny update?

Marcel Rieux m.z.rieux at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 19:55:32 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 2:59 AM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:

> That makes no sense. If you ask them for information about why this
> particular kmod package was delayed, I doubt that they would give you
> an answer anything like you suggest.

Oops, sorry! I read too fast and thought, because of previous messages, we
were talking about how to uninstall NVIDIA Module. Yes I suppose i could
register and ask. But i wrote to a certain Dan at RPMFusion about this. If
the problem isn't already mentioned on the forum, i doubt I'll get any
answer: it would mean the forum is dead.

I'll check.

> If the people who provide Nouveau weren't on an ego trip and cared about
> > their product, they'd provide instructions on how to install it, just as
> > RPMFusion does. The fact that the NVIDIA driver is not open source is
> > irrelevant.
>
> This makes no sense. Nouveau is installed by default in Fedora.

And  RPMfusion provides instructions on how to get Nouveau out of the way to
do a clean install. Why, as I was explaining to Dennis Gilmore, shouldn't
the Nouveau developers provide instructions to do the opposite?