Where have the certificates in libpurple gone?

Gavin Simpson ucfagls at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 20:05:07 UTC 2010

Dear List,

To connect to my University wireless network using NetworkManager, I
need a particular certificate. Until a recent update, the relevant
certificate ( GTE_CyberTrust_Global_Root.pem ) was supplied as part of
the libpurple package:

$ su -c "yum whatprovides */GTE_CyberTrust_Global_Root.pem"
libpurple-2.6.3-2.fc12.i686 : libpurple library for IM clients like
Pidgin and Finch
Repo        : fedora
Matched from:
Filename    : /usr/share/purple/ca-certs/GTE_CyberTrust_Global_Root.pem

The current version of lib purple on my fedora 12 system is

libpurple.i686                     2.7.1-1.fc12                        @updates

Were some certificates removed during the update?

Thanks in advance

Gavin