Fedora 13, Spamassassin, and SELinux

B Wooster bwooster47 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 22:58:19 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 8:14 AM, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> wrote:

> Did you turn on the boolean
>
> # setsebool -P spamassassin_can_network 1

Oh yes, that seems to fix the problem - I don't see any new messages
in audit.log after doing that, I thought you wanted to see the log
messages before the fix - was not sure what you meant
> Could you attach the AVC messages.  I need to change the priority.
> If you pipe the messages to audit2allow -w, it should tell you about the boolean.

Running audit.log through that shows many messages like
type=AVC msg=audit(1277118669.249:111468): avc:  denied  { name_bind }
for  pid=14265 comm="spamassassin" src=14139
scontext=unconfined_u:system_r:spamc_t:s0
tcontext=system_u:object_r:port_t:s0 tclass=udp_socket

        Was caused by:
                Unknown - would be allowed by active policy
                Possible mismatch between this policy and the one
under which the audit message was generated.

                Possible mismatch between current in-memory boolean
settings vs. permanent ones.

But I'm all set now, for other reasons, am running with selinux=0