multibooting linux

Steven I Usdansky usdanskys at rocketmail.com
Wed Jun 23 11:31:19 UTC 2010

My vote is for one grub to rule them all, each distro's grub goes into
/ rather than the mbr, and the master grub just chainloads each distro's
grub. I had been setting up the master grub to point to /vmlinuz and
/initrd in each distro, but that involves updating the appropriate symlinks
each time a new kernel is installed. Having come across a few distros
that insist on installing a bootloader whether I want it or not,
chainloading appears to be the only sane way to deal with them, even if
it adds a few seconds to the boot sequence.