differrence between 'yum remove' and 'yum erase'

Mikkel mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Wed Jun 23 13:25:38 UTC 2010

On 06/23/2010 08:00 AM, Alexander Volovics wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 06:24:57PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
>> On 06/23/2010 06:22 PM, Alexander Volovics wrote:
>>> 'info yum' does not supply any more details with respect to
>>> remove/erase then 'man yum'.
>
>> Erase is just a alias to remove.  Zero differences.
>
> Again thanks Rahul.
> Maybe the developers should remove this 'redundancy'.
> Including both does suggest there might be a differrence.
>
> Alexander

I think they should be left. While having both might suggest a
difference, reading the man page should clear it up. You would have
to read the man page (or info file) to find out if there is a
difference. It does require you to understand man file conventions,
but you should learn them anyway.

Just a side note - if you run "yum --help" it does not show the
remove command.

Mikkel