F13 Firefox new tab issue

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 17:09:49 UTC 2010

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 09:59:24 -0700
JD wrote:

> Well, I am not sure it was the upgrade that did it.
> I guess there was some corruption in your original
> profile, that is why the new profile works just fine.
> It is really very tedious for a non-firefox developer
> to figure out what had gone awry in your profile.

I gave up trying to re-use ~/.mozilla directories
across releases a while back as something always seems
to go wrong. Instead I just create a new one from scratch
and then copy over the file:

~/.mozilla/firefox/*.default/places.sqlite

(from where I saved the old ~/.mozilla). That gets
all my bookmarks back, which is the only thing I
really need. I don't have a large number of extensions,
and I just reinstall the ones I need.