Unexplained temporary freezes in Thunderbird Fedora 13

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Wed Jun 23 17:55:51 UTC 2010

On 06/23/2010 01:48 AM, g wrote:
> Konstantin Svist wrote:
> <snip>
>
>> Update: have been running 3.1 for almost a week, and have not noticed
>> any major slowdowns; I think the problem is gone.
>>
> good to hear. i hope so, maybe you can now give jerry some pointers. ;)
>

>> Though, to be fair, a bunch of extensions don't work in 3.1. It's
>> possible one of them was causing the slowdown.
>>
> disable what does not work.
>
> possible. for sure you will find when they are updated and you reinstall. :)

I only have 3 extensions: (1) AdBlock Plus. I had disabled this after I
first posted the message.
(2) Enigmail. While I did experience the slowdown on 3.1 where there was
no enigmail.
(3) English Dictionary.
Possibly I will reinstall 3.1 and either disable the 2 remaining
extensions or run it in safe mode.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix