Fedora 13, Spamassassin, and SELinux

B Wooster bwooster47 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 13:09:47 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 5:25 PM, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 06/22/2010 06:58 PM, B Wooster wrote:
>> But I'm all set now, for other reasons, am running with selinux=0
> Well ask questions about what caused you to disable SELInux.  Remember
> you can always put the machine into permissive mode or individual
> domains permissive.

Well, I turned it for all these reasons:
1) This is a server system, and I'll be running many services. Did not
want to deal with SELinux right now, given the stumbles I had - don't
yet know SELinux well enough.
2) When I installed Fedora 13 (previously had Ubuntu 9, and Fedora 7),
I preserved /home and formatted the separate / partition for F13.
Well, then KDM could not login any user.But I could ssh in. Turned out
this is explained in the SELinux FAQ - had to relabel /home.
3) My rc.local has a "su -c username fetchmail ...". This would not
start. No messages in audit.log. A web search shows other people
having the same problem, same symptoms.

So for now, while I could turned on enforcing=0, did not want to deal
with it since I would not understand the log messages anyway, primary
goal is to get everything on this server running first.