Fedora 13 - single pixel for GUI login screen so unable to login to Gnome/Xfce

Edmon Begoli ebegoli at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 15:08:47 UTC 2010

I found a "bandaid" fix for my problem, so I want to share.

sudo vi /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults/%gconf-tree.xml

Find line:

<entry name="disable_user_list" mtime="1277236514"
schema="/schemas/apps/gdm/simple-greeter/disable_user_list"
type="bool" value="true"/>

and change "true" value to "false" like in the example below:

<entry name="disable_user_list" mtime="1277236514"
schema="/schemas/apps/gdm/simple-greeter/disable_user_list"
type="bool" value="false"/>

Edmon