Firefox identity strings

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 21:43:59 UTC 2010

On 06/24/2010 02:27 PM, g was caught red-handed while writing::
> JD wrote:
> <snip>
>

>> Thank you Steven, Michael and G for the clue.
>>
> most welcome.
>

>> It is a good one.
>>
> only one that i am aware of. it does work well.
>

>> re: text vs html: I had not edited the contacts in Thunderbird to set
>> the preference for this list to be text only. Now it is.
>>
> thank you. now i can keep up with your post better. :D

I downloaded and installed the extension
I restarted firefox when I click
Tools -> Agent -> Edit
To the bottom of the window is a link
"Download lists of user agents to import"
That link takes you to
http://chrispederick.com/work/user-agent-switcher/
There, click on Download for Firefox, ....etc
After download I restarted FF.
Again, I clicked Tools -> Agent -> Edit
and the popped windows shows no list of user agents
at all. So I created one of my own.
I tried to contact the developer about it, but
ther is not "Contacts us" link on the page :)