Wireless problem in Fedora13

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jun 25 01:47:30 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-24 at 18:24 -0700, Thomas Taylor wrote:
> I've tried both using NetworkManager and traditional (ifup) methods
> but can't get associated with my wireless router except in Gnome.  The
> router (Linksys WRT54G) is set to not broadcast ESSID.  I can see it
> with iwlist wlan0 scan but only Gnome will associate with it.

> Any comments or suggestions gladly accepted.

Since you say any suggestions...   start broadcasting the ESSID.  Hiding
it doesn't protect anything, *at* *all*.  It *never* has, and it *never*
well.  But it certainly makes finding and selecting the right access
point to use harder than it needs to be.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.