F13: Dual Monitors - Apps starting in wrong screen

Steven F. LeBrun steven at lebruns.com
Fri Jun 25 14:59:34 UTC 2010

My setup is a laptop running Fedora 13 with a monitor attached as the
second display.  When I start applications in full screen mode, they
always are starting on the laptop screen even though the mouse is on the
second display.  This is different behavior from Fedora 12 where the
application always started in the display that held the mouse cursor.

Sometimes, a program will start in the second display and then flip to
the laptop screen within a couple of seconds.

If I use the middle right hand button in the title bar to reduce the
size (un-maximize), the application reduces size and appears in the
display where the mouse was when the application started, the second
monitor.  Maximizing the program size results in the program maximize in
the second monitor.

Is this a change in behavior between Fedora 12- and Fedora 13?  Or, do I
have a configuration issue?

Laptop:             Toshiba Satellite A305-S6825
Video Card:      Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated
Graphics Controller
Video Driver:    i915

Laptop screen is configured as the primary display and the monitor is
the secondary display.

--
   Steven F. LeBrun

Quote: /"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it
to change; and the realist adjusts the sails."/
      -- Anonymous