Sendmail: How does one blacklist annoying spammers?

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Fri Jun 25 22:24:09 UTC 2010

On 06/25/2010 03:04 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 14:54:27 -0700
> JD wrote:
>
>> I wonder how Google does it. only .01% of my google email is spam.
>> The spam folder contains tons of spam, and it is automatically purged
>> by google.

Probably they pay their workers to add all offending IP/Hosts
address into their /etc/mail/access files? LOL, just kidding.
> Yea, I just use gmail as my mail provider and download the
> mail with fetchmail. I think one non-spam item wound up
> in my gmail spam folder in several months.

But... at what cost?

You want google hold your messages and do whatever
they deem fit with it?  Maybe I am such a fool when it comes
to privacy/security since Echelon/NSA gets `em all off the
Internet cloud anyway...  and I am such a dreamer
[or an ignoramus] for having my own [private but public?]
email server...

Oh well...  I'll keep on dreaming... just for the [losing]
principle of it all...  LOL