DNS services no longer work due to missing files

aragonx at dcsnow.com aragonx at dcsnow.com
Sat Jun 26 08:16:00 UTC 2010

Happened to me too.  This isn't the first time an update to named
took my router down...

To fix it, I commented out the following
lines:

dnssec-enable yes;
dnssec-validation yes;
dnssec-lookaside . trust-anchor dlv.isc.org.;

Since those are
the ones that are looking for the missing files.  When I'm more awake
in the morning, I'll see if I can get the dnssec working.

I can't remember right now if I also modified the allow-query and
listen-on lines also.  Might want to look at those if you are still
having issues.

HTH

---
Will Y.