F13 - Advanced Volume control

Federico Marziali federico.marziali at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 20:57:14 UTC 2010

Hello to the list again...
While I'm still fighting with the display and nvidia drivers, I've
come across another problem on my Sony Vaio, this time with the sound
capture.
Basically I can't get any of my microphones to record any input, nor
the laptop built-in one, nor by connecting an external one.

On F11 I fixed this by playing with the sound-card switches (I had to
check the switch "3D Control"), but the problem is that I don't find
the same entry under F13 - System - Preferences - Advanced Volume
Control. The command was gst-mixer, if I'm not wrong...

I tried to play also with the different parameters available through
the command 'alsamixer -c0', but without success...any hints?

Fede