Sendmail: How does one blacklist annoying spammers?

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Sun Jun 27 16:45:01 UTC 2010

On 06/27/2010 07:56 AM, Genes MailLists wrote:
> On 06/26/2010 07:57 PM, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
>

>> THANKS!  I have implemented the above recommendations
>> as well as a few other advices in this posting.
>>
>> Thanks to all who participated - all very interesting to
>> know how others have tackled the their spam issues.
>>
>> I will report how it all goes for me as I was getting at least
>> 250 spam messages a day... it was getting on my nerves :/
>>

>   I hope this helps for you ... for me these + careful access controls
> works well.
>

>   A good access file, well managed is very helpful too ... for
> blacklisting, for whitelisting, for 0s greet pause for known mx'ers etc.
>

>   Hope you cut down some of your spam .. :-)
>
> gene

It's a bit early, but so far, I have received two spams... pretty
good so far, but I will report back in a couple more days...

I wanted to mention that there are some in this posting that
are recommending greylisting...  but have not said anything
about how this is implemented into sendmail... so, what is
your take on this?

Thanks-
Dan