Fedora 12 end-of-life and rolling our own Fedoras (Re: Fedora 11 End of Life)

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 13:38:49 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 12:32 AM, Joel Rees <joel.rees at gmail.com> wrote:

> I suppose eol includes the PPC distro?
>
> which means I'm going to have to either start learning how to roll my
> own Fedora now, or start getting ready to switch back to openBSD on
> my PPC machines.

Instead of abandoning Linux, have you considered keeping your life simple by
using a Linux distribution with PPC support?  Debian[1] has supported PPC[2]
for years.

This isn't an advocacy post, I'm simply pointing out that there are Linux
based alternatives to the issue you're facing.

[1] http://www.debian.org/
[2] http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/powerpc/

--
Chris