What the %$%@ is up with firefox

Tim Van Dyne Tim.VanDyne at valleyair.org
Mon Jun 28 14:30:24 UTC 2010

>> It seems firefox gets worse every release.

Ya ever stop to wonder if it's simply the package on your own system?
Because I just rolled out the latest Firefox to 226 Fedora systems over
the weekend and they all work like a charm.

I do know that Firefox *sometimes* jacks up royally if you update it
via rpm/yum and don't restart X11 at least..... Every time it happens to
me I'm troubleshooting up a storm until I realize someone ran a horde of
updates w/o rebooting.

In your case though, ya might try reinstalling the package before ya say
the Internet is down if ya know what I mean.  Or at least say "Hey, *my*
Firefox is screwing up and I don't know why".