Fedora 13 live-cd doesn't boot on HP 6930p

Brett brettmahar at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 29 08:04:20 UTC 2010

> I've noticed that if I burn a Fedora (or any other distro) CD at full
> speed, about 25% of the time I end up with a disk that won't boot.

I had a lot of trouble burning Fedora 13 DVD from a computer running Ubuntu, I tried a bunch of times using Brasero, K3B and other software, tried UNetBootin and usb-imagewriter, it would never work. Then I tried burning the disk from Windows 7 (on the same computer) and it worked first go. Maybe something on the Fedora 13 iso is not "liked" by other linux distros?