Save video stream?

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue Jun 29 14:21:13 UTC 2010

    I have some video cameras, so called internet cameras actually. I
    have one looking out at a horse pasture and would like to be able to
    save a video clip.

    Google brings up schemes for saving YouTube, etc., videos from /tmp
    but I don't see any such files being created by these cameras.

    I simply address them with a browser at 192.168.1.52 for instance,
    actually using the command/URL http://cam2/mjpg/video.mjpg, usually
    with Opera because it seems to work "better" but Firefox does
    provide a usable image too.

    How can I save a short clip to a file, preferably using software
    provided with F-13?

    Bob