trembling laptop screen with f13

Abu Attar Musharih abuattar.musharih at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 01:35:10 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 9:29 AM, Bob Kinney <bc98kinney at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Everything works perfectly except for a 'trembling'
>> (vibrating?) screen.
>> It seems to be slightly more pronounced when running on
>> battery.
>> This is irritating and tiring after a couple of hours.
>>
>> Anybody else experience this on laptops with Intel Core
>> I3/I5/I7 CPU's
>> using Intel HD graphics. Could it be the Intel driver?

I experienced the same thing when installing the FD13 on Toshiba
Satellite U505, Dual-Core Proc. i3, 4G RAM, 500 G HD.
Before the release of FD13, I installed the beta version  and noticed
NO blinking (vibration). The blinking occurs when the beta version
received updated. To avoid this, I edited the grub.conf so that the
machine is not booted from the updates beta kernel (equivalent to the
supposedly-stable FD13).
It is the reason why until now I keep the old beta  FD13 and  not
installing the stable one.

AA