F-13 printing problems -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Jun 30 13:01:34 UTC 2010

        I have been struggling with an attempt to print a crossword
        puzzle for about an hour now.

        I click on print and 20 seconds later the printer activity lamp
        begins to blink, 40 seconds later it produces a copy. And that
        is an improvement, up until a few minutes ago it simply refused
        to print at all!

        Everything happens in slow motion.

        In desperation I booted as root in order to get cups to allow me
        to do anything, I have never booted this computer as root
        before, doing anything in cups is also very slow.

        All of this worked before in F-12. The printers are network
        printers on our LAN.

        Another F-12 computer next to this one works normally. I just
        switched that computer on and once booted I was able to print 2
        copies each of 2 pages in a minutes time so the rest of the
        system is working normally. The problem is peculiar to the F-13
        computer.

        I have gone through the troubleshooting process that pops up
        numerous times over the last couple of days to no avail.

        I think that in this case it might be simpler to wipe out
        everything to do with printing and start over configuring with cups?

        Am I the only one with this problem? Suggestions welcome?

        Bob

        .