Flash videos not playing in Fedora 11 firefox browser

ranjan sundar njan79 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 14:59:06 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I tried to download flashplayer for linux from adobe website and downloaded
this zip file. i extracted it and found that it contained only 1 file with
.so extension (shared object).

initially i read some forum posts where they told me to copy this file to
some plugins directory. i did paste this file into the mentioned
folders. But none of these steps worked. im still unable to find a step by
step approach to get flash vidoes working properly in browsers on linux. Are
there actually any step by step approach ???

ive exhausted all my energy to get flash videos get working in my
firefox/opera browser in my Fedora 11 linux.

Any help is really appreciated !!!

Thanks
jan