preupgrade failure

stan gryt2 at q.com
Wed Jun 30 21:06:10 UTC 2010

On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 15:48:15 -0400
Steve Blackwell <zephod at cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> Time to upgrade from f11 to f12. Preupgrade failed and my question is
> "Is it OK to try again or will I end up in some screwed up state
> halfway between f11 and f12?"

Yes, it is OK to try again.  Nothing has actually happened yet.

> Checking for new repos for mirrors
>  * preupgrade-updates: ftp.usf.edu
> failure: repodata/filelists.sqlite.bz2 from
> preupgrade-rpmfusion-free-updates: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

I suggest you disable all your plugins before you try again.  It looks
like your fastest mirror selected mirror isn't available.  Under normal
operation yum (and I presume preupgrade) will rotate through mirrors
when there is a mirror failure.