partition customization ....how do I ???

Jatin K ssh.fedora at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 11:08:00 UTC 2010

Dear *,

I've facing one problem ( doing partitioning practice on 10GB IDE
hard-disk  )

I'm trying to create following partition layout

> *Partition*
>

> *Size*
>

> *Use*
>

> *Comment*
>
> hda1
>

> 100MB
>

> /boot
>

> Maintains boot files
>
> hda2
>

> 500MB
>

> swap
>

> Probably plenty of space
>
> hda3
>

> 5GB
>

> /
>

> The root directory
>
> hda4
>

> 4500MB
>

> Extended partition
>

> Solely a container for logical partitions
>
> hda5
>

> 500MB
>

> /var
>

> For print spool files
>
> hda6
>

> 1000MB
>

> /var/www
>

> Web services
>
> hda7
>

> 2000MB
>

> /home
>

> No interactive users
>
> hda8
>

> 1000MB
>

> /usr
>

> Additional network services

I've done this on disk druid

licked on new ---> mount point */boot *filesystem type ext3 100MB  (
fixed sized is selected ) and it becomes hda1

again   licked on new ----> filesystem type Swap 500MB  ( fixed sized is
selected )  and it becomes hda2   ...

now creating / ( root ) partition

again clicked on new ---> mount point */*  filesystem type ext3 5000mb (
fixed sized is selected ) ... now something happens as soon as I press ok

the swap partition is sifted to hda3 (previously it was on hda2 ) and /
partition goes to hda2

if I go ahead with this and create other partition / goes to hda5

why like this ????

how do I exactly  maintain the said order of the partition in exercise ??

--

   °v°
  /(_)\