F12-i386-DVD iso won't burn properly -- SOLVED

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 2 16:41:55 UTC 2010

Temlakos wrote:
> Happily, I substituted "cdrecord" for "wodim" in that command line.
> Forty minutes later, I now have a disk that I have every reason to
> suppose will work as intended. The burn surface looks as though it
> accepted a burn of about 3 GB, and cdrecord returned only one warning
> (concerning the wrong startsec variable, or something) but no error
> messages, fatal or otherwise.

I have used K3b for several years, and never had a problem with it.
If you prefer the GUI way, then I recommend it. It's a front end
to cdrecord.

> Now in case anyone is still wondering what went wrong before: I was
> using GUI tools--first the file browser (nautilus), and then GnomeBaker.
> My hardware is very old--a Pentium III with 500 MiB of RAM.

I don't like KDE, but the GNOME tools for CDs and DVDs I've
had problems with. Never K3b.

I've also used xcdroast, which I've also not had problems with,
but it's complicated, and stuff in it is hard for me to find.
I find K3b much more intuitive.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.