texlive 2009

François Patte francois.patte at mi.parisdescartes.fr
Tue Mar 2 18:58:57 UTC 2010

Matthew Saltzman <mjs at clemson.edu> a écrit :

> On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 16:54 -0500, Kirk Lowery wrote:
>> 2010/3/1 François Patte <francois.patte at mi.parisdescartes.fr>:
>>
>> > I would like to know if someone experienced to install texlive-2009 under
>> > fedora.
>> >
>> > I am running fedora 10. On some computer I installed fedora 12, but in any
>> > of these release texlive still remains with 2007 release.
>>
>> I run TL 2009 on Fedora 12. I don't use the rpms. They split up
>> TeXLive in ways that don't fit my needs. Besides, I like having
>> everything available so I can experiment. Disk space shouldn't be an
>> issue these days, especially not for a desktop.
>>
>> Anyway, just download the installer:
>> http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/install-tl-unx.tar.gz,
>> unzip and run the script. Works great.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>
> A better way is to help with the Fedora packaging effort for
> TeXLive2009.  Visit http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/TeXLive for
> information on how to add the TeXLive2009 repository and install from
> there.

I would agree with that but, I am not sure that, unless texlive-2009
will be a part of a fedora release, the installation will run
smoothly.... because of the dependencies. I am running f10 on some
machines and have no time to upgrade to f12 right now.

Moreover I am wondering why Texlive-2009 will install on f10 from CTAN
distribution and why you need a lot of "strange" dependencies under
fedora?

--
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique