F12-i386-DVD iso won't burn properly

Don Quixote de la Mancha quixote at dulcineatech.com
Wed Mar 3 00:18:06 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 3:55 PM, John Mellor <john.mellor at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think its all part of the insufficient testing problem that has dogged
> F12 ever since it was released without being stabilized.  Hopefully the
> revised F13 qa automation and fixing of blocker anaconda bugs so that
> testers can actually install the beta can resolve some of this...

When I upgraded from F10 to F11, I had a couple of significant
problems.  I don't recall now what they were, but they were very
common problems whose solutions were well documented in the mailing
lists.

I have remained at F11 in part because it is working well, so I'm
reluctant to risk screwing it up, and in part because I have gotten
the general impression, by reading this very list, that F12 is screwed
up in so many ways.

I haven't made any effort to track that in a statistically sensible
way.  It's just that I read so many complaints about F12 being borked
this way and that, that I have always felt it wise not to open that
particular can of worms.

What is your take - given F12's state of fixedness *right now* am I
better off staying with F11, or upgrading to F12?

When F13 comes out, would I be able to upgrade directly from F11 to
F13, or will I have to pass through F12 on the way?

In principle, I ought to be able to copy my whole F11 installation
into a VirtualBox virtual hard disk, then try upgrading that just to
see if it would work.  I've actually been considering doing so,
because I have so very many packages installed now, that if there was
still any kind of pervasive brokenness, attempting to upgrade would
screw the pooch but good.

Thank You For Any Insight You Can Give Me,

Don Quixote
--
Don Quixote de la Mancha
quixote at dulcineatech.com